Comment on page
CC / BCC email into Dex
Add an email into by forwarding an email.
All people in the email conversation will be added and we'll intelligently create or look up the relevant contacts in Dex.
This is unique to every Dex account.
How this works:
- We'll find all emails/names in the email thread
- If they aren't already in Dex, we'll add them as new contacts in Dex (if they already exist, no duplicates will be created)
- We'll create a new timeline email event, and associate it with all related contacts.
- The timeline event text will be the subject of the forwarded email
We now add the message body. See the thread of the email, right inside a contact timeline!
Things to consider:
- Email sender: we match this to your Dex account based on the email sender. This means you'll have to forward emails from the same email as your Dex account. Need multiple email support? Let us know at [email protected].
- Email body: at the moment, we do not save the body of an email, only the subject. If you'd like more, please let us know.