See everything you need to do on the Today page
We've made it easy to quickly preview and take action. When on the page, use these shortcuts
- Up/Down to change the selected row
- Enter to open the relevant row
- E to dismiss the row and clear it out of the page
- H to snooze a row (for Keep-in-Touch and Reminders)
After you open a row, you can take any actions you might need to and press Esc to return to the today page. For calendar events and contacts, you can also use the R key to focus on an input
There are a few different sections to the today page:
For the current day, we'll show you the day's calendar events
- We'll only show you non-recurring events for the current day
- We'll only show events with less than 10 attendees
- You'll need to connect your Google Calendar (from the Sync and Integrations page) for this to work
- We'll automatically create Dex records for attendees of these events
- Press Enter to open a Calendar event, R to focus the note field, and press CMD+Enter to write a note for a calendar event
- The correct contacts will be automatically associated with the note you've created
- When you're done, press E on the today page to mark this calendar event as done.
On the Mobile app's home page, the Calendar section appears if there's an event due for the day.
- Selecting "See all" opens all events in a Calendar view
- The pencil icon on the right side of the event allows you to quickly edit it
See your contacts with upcoming keep-in-touch and your last interaction:
- Change a contact frequency using F
- Open contact with Enter key
- With a contact open, press R to focus a note field and press CMD+Enter to submit it
- By default, after a note is created the last interaction will be updated
- Press E to dismiss a keep-in-touch reminder
- This will automatically increase the next keep-in-touch reminder by the amount of time set in the keep-in-touch frequency
- Example: the keep in touch reminder is for 10/8/2020, with a frequency of 'Every year.' If you press press 'E,' the keep in touch reminder will be moved back to 10/8/2021
- Swiping Right marks the selected contact as "Done" or "Contacted"
- Swiping Left snoozes the selected contact for 2 weeks
- The Check Mark allows you to quickly add notes and mark the interaction as "Done"
Birthdays are separated by Today, Upcoming, and Month.
If you've set one-time reminders, we'll also show you all current and overdue reminders on the Reminder page.
- Press E to mark the reminder as done.
- Press H to snooze/reschedule the one-time reminder.
As always, you can add a new one-time reminder using Shift+R