Mentions & Tagging 🏷
You can mention contacts and groups to add information.
You can add formatting and tagging in any of these places:
- Contact Description fields
- Timeline input (on the Timeline page)
- Timeline input (on the Daily Agenda)
- Timeline input (on the add event modal
Currently, Dex supports adding text with the styles: Bold, Italics, Numbered List, Bulleted List, and Hyperlinks. Simply highlight the text and change the style in the toolbar. You can also use the common shortcuts:
- Bold: Ctrl + B
- Italics: Ctrl + I
Adding a bulleted list can also be done by typing a short dash "-" followed by a space. A numbered list can be added by typing "1." and pressing the spacebar.
When you're leaving a timeline note, updating a contact description, or note for a calendar event, you can now use these keys:
- Use '@' to mention another contact.
- Use '#' to mention a group.
Tag other contacts in an interaction on a contact's timeline by using the "@" symbol. Typing "@" brings up your list of contacts and you can simply type to search.
When you tag, there are two things to note:
- 🔨Create-on-mention If a contact or group does not yet exist, we'll create them.
- 🔗 Mention actions: If you mention one or more contact, we'll automatically add contact relations. If you mention a group, we'll add the relevant contact to the group automatically.
- Note: Tagging another contact will automatically add your current note to your tagged contact's timeline.