Last Interaction 📖
Each contact has a date of last interaction, which is used to store the last time you contacted or met with someone. This field is used by Dex to deliver useful recommendations.
- Manually: on the browser extension, web application, and mobile app, you can manually change your last interaction.
- Creating a Timeline Note: when creating a new note on a Contact timeline, we will update last interaction for all relevant contacts (if more recent than the previous Last Interaction)
- When importing from LinkedIn: using the Browser Extension, we'll set the last interaction of the date you connected with a LinkedIn connections when creating an account
- Calendar Integration: we'll update a contact's last interaction based on the most recent Google Calendar event matched with a contact.
- (coming soon!) Email Integration: we'll update a contact's last interaction based on the most recent Gmail email matched with a contact.
When last interaction is update, any relevant Keep-in-touch reminders will be reset. Based on frequency, the new 'keep-in-touch by date' will be set to the a new date determined by the Last Interaction plus keep-in-touch frequency
- For example, your contact Jack has a keep-in-touch-frequency of every month. The last interaction is updated to August, 1st, 2021 when you create a new timeline note. The new 'keep-in-touch by' date is automatically moved to September 1st, 2021 (August 1st + 1 month).